Overnight admission is required for all major scheduled surgeries.
DAY SURGERY INFORMATION
For day surgery cases, the patients are required to present themselves to the hospital, two hours before the time of the planned surgery.
For cash paying patients, full deposit is payable before admission or on admission. For more details, kindly liase with the front office.
For payments being done through the insurance or through the employer:
The hospital shall require a letter of guarantee for the payment
A duly filled pre-authorization form OR a letter of undertaking from the insurance on the day of admission.
Please provide the following:
- A valid NHIF card, with up to date contributions,
- Identification documents that were used in the registration process for the NHIF contributor’s card.
- If the patient is a dependent (either spouse or children) they must be registered with contributor’s card.
- If the patient is a spouse and he/she is using the contributor’s card, kindly confirm what they used to register with the NHIF system; that is Identification card (ID), Passport or Alien Certificate.
- If the patient is a dependent and he/she is above the age of 21 years, a letter from their college bearing a reference number is required.
The discharge process is initiated by the treating doctor when he signs a discharge slip which is sent to the discharge. Clients are required to confirm with the front office assistant that all their charges have been posted in the system and also check with their ward sister that all their drugs to take home have been delivered in the ward.